Once a user/survey is connected to a Salesforce Org, how can you change that org? | XM Community
Solved

Once a user/survey is connected to a Salesforce Org, how can you change that org?

• 9 January 2019
  • 8 replies

I have a survey setup to connect to one of our Salesforce Orgs via a response mapping. When I set this up, I was asked to sign into Salesforce. Now, it doesn't appear that I can change the org the survey is connected to. When I create a new survey and go into response mapping, it's connecting me to the same SF org automatically. However I need this other survey to connect to a different Salesforce org. Do you know how I can accomplish this?
icon

Best answer by SamS 11 February 2019, 23:08

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@WCM Try opening in another browser. Works for me
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
From what I understand, you can only be connected to one org per survey at a time. Did you already try signing in with the different org on the other survey?
@MsIreen thanks for your response. I've tried in IE, Chrome, and Firefox. Are you able to share a screenshot/describe where you can change the connection at? I have one survey connected to "Salesforce A". I've gone into another survey that I want to connect to "Salesforce B" and it's only showing me objects from "Salesforce A" and I don't see a way to change the connection. (I've attached a screenshot)
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@WCM interesting... When I open the mapping in another browser, it immediately tells me that i need to log in to Salesforce
!
and then i land in the SF login page
@jpardicusick "Survey 1" is connected to "Salesforce A" . When I go into "Survey 2", it's automatically connected to "Salesforce A" and I don't see an option to change the org. Our need is not to connect a survey to multiple SF orgs. Our need is not to connect a single survey to multiple orgs. Our need is to figure out how to change which org a survey is connected to. If that means creating the survey from scratch, that's fine, but it's not allowing me to change which org I'm connected to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@WCM May be the easiest option would be to create different accounts for different SF orgs?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@WCM I gotcha. And what happens when you try to sign in to SFDC on Survey 2? I was able to switch from our sandbox to our production using that method, so perhaps it will work for you too. I just signed in again and changed the org. It didn't prompt me immediately but if you do the same method to sign in as you did before in Survey 1 (Tools>Salesforce>Setup Link to Salesforce Account) in Survey 2 and just sign into Salesforce B.

Let me know if that works for you! I'm curious now.
Badge +4
Hi @WCM! It looks like you've already gotten a lot of great recommendations! For your specific use case, I'd recommend reaching out to the Integrations Support Team so they can help you troubleshoot your specific Salesforce-related questions!

Leave a Reply