Using JS to override Force / Request Response validation | XM Community
Solved

Using JS to override Force / Request Response validation

• 10 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

A question very much related to my previous thread (https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/3153/hiding-withdraw-exit-survey-button-footer-from-select-qualtrics-pages-using-javascript);

Is it possible to use JS to override Force / Request Response validation in select instances?

I've run across a problem with my JS exit survey button in the footer; while testing the survey, I noted that participants that should be directed to an EOS message straight away when clicking the exit survey button are instead reminded to answer all questions when there is a Request / Force Response validation. Is there any way at all to override the validation just for my footer button (with the normal forward button still triggering the validation)?

May be wishful thinking on my part, but if anyone knows if there is a way it'd be much appreciated 🙂
icon

Best answer by TomG 10 January 2019, 03:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
There isn't a way to override it with JavaScript (JavaScript runs on the client browser, Force Response gets checked by the Qualtrics server).

If you don't care if they actually end the survey, you can have them exit the survey by directing them to a different web page. They would be a partial response that you could eventually delete (see Survey Options).

If you care about them actually ending the survey, you can't use Force Response. You could write JavaScript to emulate the behavior of Force Response, but that's a fair amount of work.
Fair enough, I figured I may have been asking for mission impossible! Thanks for the clarification Tom. I'll consider redirecting them or simply not using Force Response.

Leave a Reply