SF Integration and Completion Rates | XM Community

SF Integration and Completion Rates

• 11 January 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
  • Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 544 replies
Does anyone have a good way to calculate completion rates when you have Salesforce Integrations running the triggering and emailing of the survey? I need the completion rate for 1 survey within a set time frame (last quarter)- not the orgs overall completion rate.

Because SF integration sends each invitation/customer as it's own distribution, I can't pull a list of everything that occurred in the last 3 months in the standard Survey distributions tab in the research core.

I have my IQ directory sorted so that every survey has it's own corresponding List. I used to be able pull stats for the list. I know it doesn't say what survey the contact received so the stats might not be _exactly_ for that survey only, but it got me close enough. I took the count of "last invitation date" divided it by "last response date" and called it a completion rate.

But now that we've been running Qualtrics and IQ directory for 3 years, and the integration has been running for 1.5... I can't trust these stats anymore. The people still sitting on this list could have received a _different_ survey invitation in the last month, which records as their "last invitation date". I have no idea if it was for _this_ survey or not.

I suppose I could take the time to create a new List for each survey every 6 months or so, rather than letting them run indefinitely. But it's not in place at the moment, and I need these stats to report out.

Anyone have a different or creative solution that works for them?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Are you mapping the questions back to SF? We map to the custom object and just run a report with a filter that indicates that it is a particular survey ( i think it is a record type, but don't remember exactly).
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@MsIreen Yes, for most surveys. However, that should only get me the _received_ count. Am I missing an object that I can pull in in order to get the _sent_ count?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@Kate I have checked now one of our setup. For example, we have a survey sent each time a case is closed. We also have two custom fields under the Case object "Surveys Sent" and "Surveys Completed", the first updates every time this case is closed and the second one-every time a feedback for this case is received. Then we run a report on cases using these two fields and filter by the Case Record type with a formula calculating the response rate.

I think it is absolutely horrible to track the response rates on Qualtrics...
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@MsIreen That's really interesting. What causes that to render as "true"? Do you tie it to your workflow somehow?

I agree with Qualtrics being horrible. Thus my pickle. The don't even define "completion rate" the way I would. They calculate Surveys opened / Surveys received. Makes it look like everything I own has a 90% completion rate 😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@Kate Yes, we have a field update for "Surveys Sent" field tied to the workflow with a formula like "Surveys sent +1".
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Nice! It doesn't help me count right now, but certainly a system I should set up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@Kate It is quite useful, I must say. We have quite high volumes and Qualtrics is not helping in this. I have submitted a feature request about their distributions in this regards some months ago, btw. Hopefully, enough people complain, so we can have it in a better way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Kate @MsIreen I'm so glad this discussion happened. I'm going through a SFDC/Q integration right now and wouldn't have thought to include those in the requirements. Thanks to you both!
I know this involves another Salesforce add on, but here's what I'm doing. I am sending an NPS based on triggers set up in SF (basically case opened). My org has LevelEleven, and I have created "monitoring and evaluation" scorecard that is tallying the number of surveys sent by adding a point every time something meets the same criteria as the workflow rule. The tally then collects for the quarter, and starts over the next one.

Additionally on the M&E dashboard I have set up, I have a report that filters to the same criteria as the triggering workflow rule for the current FQ, and the dashboard component shows the total to date.

Leave a Reply