Creating scoring based on slider | XM Community
Solved

Creating scoring based on slider

• 14 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi community,

I've looked at the documentation regarding scoring and i'm aware there is no way to score sliders yet. Is there a work around that anyone has come up with; like for example creating an embedded field or some such and grading it from there? There are questions I am asking in regards to sleep that look and feel much better with a slider but I want to be able to input ranges in regards to the times entered (like hours or minutes of sleep, number of wake ups, etc).

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by TomG 14 January 2019, 16:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You can use embedded variables to do your own scoring. One way would be to use survey flow branches to assign a value to an embedded variable. You can also combine Qualtrics scoring with your embedded variable using math operations and piping.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
You may also consider recode values, though they will spit out as text. Might not be the best tool if you're doing math operations, but it's a good one to know about.
Those recode values are useful to know, but in this instance I think taking TomG's for what we are doing will work best. Thank you both for answering my question!

Leave a Reply