Rich content editor changes not showing up in Preview | XM Community
Solved

Rich content editor changes not showing up in Preview

• 14 January 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge
Hi everyone and thanks for reading this,

I'm using a Research Essentials version of Qualtrics.

I made html changes in the Rich Content Editor, which look like I want to in the editor, but not in the Preview. It looks like some survey level setting is overriding my questions-level changes. There is no way for me to change that in the Look & Feel menu. I read somewhere that this is a feature that isn't available in the Trial account, but this is not a trial account but a paid version...

Anyone knows how to solve this? thanks a lot!
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 29 January 2019, 18:30

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Is it same if you use anonymous link for testing? We had an issue that the changes wouldn't show correctly in the preview, but they were working fine IRL.
Badge
Thank you for your response, Mslreen! I just checked and the same issue appears with the anonymous link for distribution... 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@Andrea_CHI you could try using a different theme under look and feel. It may be something to do with the theme you are in. If it appears under a different theme and you are using a brand one, then you can contact your administrator about options to stay branded but letting the formatting you want work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@Andrea_CHI what kind of changes are you making?
Badge
@bstrahin Thank you for the suggestion. I tried and the problem persists with different themes...

@Mslreen There are changes to the font color and formatting. Bolding sometimes comes up and sometimes doesn't (??), and font color never shows up. Interestingly, table cells background colors do show up correctly... trying to insert screenshots of the issue below.

this is what I see in the editor window:

!

this is what comes up in the preview. as you can see it's the color and bolding of the header which doesn't come up as it should.

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@Andrea_CHI if this is still happening with a Qualtrics theme I would reach out to Support. They will be able to look at your account and elevate it to their engineers if necessary. It doesn't seem like there is a straight forward answer.
Badge
Thank you @bstrahin . I'm waiting to hear from support but I posted this here in the meantime to see if someone had had the same issue before.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @Andrea_CHI! It looks as though you reached out to our Support Team and they were able to narrow this down to a specific permission related issue!

Leave a Reply