Inline particulars?

• 15 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 684 replies
Hi all,

@MaryC and I were just talking about this in another thread and it brought up a couple new questions from me. I'm wondering if it's possible to send an email through a different mailer (such as Marketo, but without the Marketo-Q integration) and still include an in-line question. I have a hunch that it may be possible if I change the HTML code to include more than just the qualtrics question code bit.

Also, I found this thread that was helpful, but I wonder if it's possible to get Qualtrics to register the clicked inline answer without opening up that second page at all.

Any ideas on either?
icon

Best answer by JenCX 16 January 2019, 18:32

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
We are planning to do same with Eloqua, this is the response i received from the support team:

> Your request is possible by using an Inline Question. Here is the support page: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/emails-overview/#InlineEmailQuestions

So, oh well 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@MsIreen We are going to try it with creating images that look like buttons, grabbing the link location from the Qualtrics mailer Inline, and mapping those to the images in our emails. Then using the "next" auto-advance from the link in my first post. I will let you know how it goes!
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@jpardicusick I will really appreciate that. Thank you very much!
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hey @jpardicusick, how did it go? I would really appreciate if you could share some experience about it 🙂 Thank you in advance
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@MsIreeen Good timing! We just finished up today. It was tricky to figure out how to do it, but it worked beautifully.

We're using Marketo (sans the Q integration) and here's what we did:

1. Created a survey with 1 question (3 answers)
2. Made a Q mailer with the question as an inline and sent it to myself
3. Grabbed the URLs from each inline question and found the bit at the end that we needed to amend to the personal links for it to record as a specific question
4. Created personal links for our mailing list, then added the question-specific bit to each one, giving us 3 personal links for each person
5. Stored the 3 links in Marketo in custom token fields
6. Created 3 images that looked like a question (basically just an image of the answer text as a button)
6. Loaded those personal links into Marketo, attached to each image as a token
7. Added the javascript bit to auto-advance through the question
8. Ended the survey on a public report so the respondents could see the aggregate
9. Sent the email out through Marketo

Voila! An inline survey, sent with Marketo, with respondent tracking.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@jpardicusick This is genius! Thank you so very much for sharing your experience!

Leave a Reply