Is there a way to move contact lists from one user into a group folder in bulk? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a way to move contact lists from one user into a group folder in bulk?

• 16 January 2019
  • 4 replies

I'm trying to manage users that have left the company, and one of the most time consuming tasks is making sure all of the content they created, uploaded, etc., is made available in a group folder where other team members can "pick up the flag", as it were. The problem, in particular with contact lists, is that you have to move each one to the group folder one at a time. So if I have a user that has 40 lists, it can take quite awhile to move all of them over. I'm wondering if there are
(1) bulk move options available,
(2) an method for transferring all content owned by one user to another user without having to transfer all of their projects, files, messages, contacts one by one, and/or
(3) a way to set it up so that all content created by users is added to the group folder by default so we don't have to depend on individual users to remember to do that themselves.

Until this type of functionality is in place, admin tasks can become a bit of a nightmare...

Please help if you can.
icon

Best answer by SamS 6 February 2019, 22:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I would suggest that EVERYONE must save all their stuff in the team folder, and not in their own library. It has been a practice in out organization. Otherwise it is a complete mess.
I would also be grateful if someone shares their approach to managing all the data after people leave company.
> @MsIreen said:
> I would suggest that EVERYONE must save all their stuff in the team folder, and not in their own library. It has been a practice in out organization. Otherwise it is a complete mess.
> I would also be grateful if someone shares their approach to managing all the data after people leave company.

I'm definitely going to try my best to ensure this best practice is followed moving forward. I just wish Qualtrics would provide a way (if there isn't one) to make it easier for us to enforce the best practice as well as recover from situations where users haven't followed it (mostly because they weren't aware of how not doing so would affect admins later). The ability to transfer content ownership from an individual to a group library or another individual would seem like a standard need in the enterprise/corporate space for account admins.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I think @mslreen has the right idea. I don't know of a way to bulk move Contacts either as you can for survey ownership.

On a going-forward plan, each person could create a folder with their name in a Group that has the appropriate contact lists in it. Then it would just be a matter of saying, "Look in Christine's folder for the contact list called X4 Summit Attendees" or whatever.
Badge +4
Hi @samhoward1! Having the ability to transfer content ownership from an individual to a group library or another individual sounds like a stellar new feature request! If you have not yet already, I’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!

Leave a Reply