Quotas - setting a limit on response counts | XM Community
Solved

Quotas - setting a limit on response counts

• 17 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Hello,
I am trying to build a survey that will allow people choose a time slot to attend for an examination.
There are slots every hour from 9am to 5pm on the exam day, but only 100 people can attend per slot.
I am using a multiple choice, single answer question type, to require people to sign up for one (only) of the available slots.
Therefore, I want to set a quota per response option - limit 100 - that is, a count per response within a question.
NB: not for the whole survey, and not based on the quality of the responses per se.

I have tried establishing quotas in different ways, and using display logic based on quotas, but these all seem to operate at the level of the question, rather than the response within a question.
I'd be most grateful for any guidance
Matthew
icon

Best answer by TomG 17 January 2019, 16:22

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Set up quota for each time slot, with quota conditions such as:
If Q1 9am is selected
If Q1 10am is selected
etc...
And set the action to None

On each choice in your question add Display Logic such as:
If Quota 9am has not been met
Hello @mjoneschesters ,

Assuming you have a muti-choice single select question type with options as: 9am-10,10-11,11-12.....4-5pm i.e. 8 option. Create 8 quota, one for each option. `Select 'None' in choose an action while creating quotas`. In the question, apply option display logic on each option as the respective quota `has not been met`
Badge

For choices with quotas set as 1, can two users who happen to be filling out the form at similar times (or have the form open and still see the slots as available) still sign up for the same choice? or does one of the users get an error? How can we prevent that?
How would you enable the form to auto refresh to reflect the latest available slot if that's the case?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Yes, two people taking the survey at the same time would both see the time slot as open. Preventing it would be very complex. If that is an issue, you should probably be looking at another solution such as calendly.

Badge

Appreciate your insight and recommendation for this! I wanted to use Qualtrics as it wasn't so tied into date/timeframes where I can merely create slot choices that read June 15-June 18. I think Calendy restricts you to specific dates/times.

I'll keep looking, but thanks for your help!

Badge

I’m trying to do the same thing. One question for scheduling, 4 different day/time options. I want options to be removed once room capacity has been hit.

I went into Quotas and Added all the response options and made the Quota options None as described above.

Going back into the Survey, I go to Display Logic, but I don’t see “has not been met” as an option. I see Is Selected, Is Not Selected, Is Displayed, and Is Not Displayed.

I also don’t see above where do you put the quota? For example, this room only holds 88 people. Where do I put the 88?

I appreciate any help, I’m new to Qualtrics and struggling.

Leave a Reply