Including extra Embedded Data fields in the Survey Results Trigger E-mail | XM Community
Solved

Including extra Embedded Data fields in the Survey Results Trigger E-mail

• 19 January 2019
  • 5 replies

I have created a survey that we have used successfully for some time which asks clients to provide feedback on the reports they have received. When a survey is completed, several of our staff receive an e-mail from noreply@qemailserver.com (via an e-mail trigger) with the results of that survey. At the bottom of the e-mail are the following fields:

Embedded Data
RecipientEmail
RecipientFirstName
RecipientLastName

However, each contact who is sent the survey also has the following fields in their contact information under "Add Embedded Data":

Phone
Report No
Title
Client

For reference, each of these fields are called and displayed in the survey itself.

Does anyone know how to add/append these four extra Embedded Data fields to the bottom of the trigger e-mail containing the survey results? It would save having to look this information up again once the survey comes in.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. My apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere in the community already.
icon

Best answer by TomG 19 January 2019, 22:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Have you added these fields to the Survey flow?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@Coggo,

Add the fields as embedded data fields in your survey flow, and don't assign a value (the will be populated from Contact list).

Add the fields to your email trigger message:
```
${e://Field/Phone}
${e://Field/Report No}
${e://Field/Title}
${e://Field/Client}
```
Hi @TomG and @MsIreen ,

Yes, the embedded data fields were already in the survey flow.

Thanks so much @TomG for letting me know how to add the fields inside the e-mail messages. This has solved my problem!

I really appreciate the time you both took to help me out.
Badge

Are the fields you add to Survey Flow & email trigger message case sensitive?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/32708#Comment_32708Yes.

Leave a Reply