Conditional logic for piped text | XM Community
Solved

Conditional logic for piped text

• 21 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I have a constant sum question asking the number of times a respondent has bought each of the following products. In the following question, I currently pipe in the highest response via "Please rate your satisfaction with ${q://QID108/ChoiceGroup/ChoiceWithHighestValue}."

Two issues:
1. How do I break ties? e.g., someone has bought Pencils 5 times and Pens 5 times.

2. (How) can I add conditional logic? e.g., let's say I want to ask satisfaction for anyone who selects Erasers as long as purchase is > 0; if they don't select it, then the piped text reverts to the product with the highest number of purchases. Put a different way: "If Erasers > 0, then input text; else, ${q://QID108/ChoiceGroup/ChoiceWithHighestValue}."
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 5 February 2019, 23:12

View original

3 replies

Badge +1
I figured out how to add conditional logic by using branching in the survey flow ("Branch If" into new block if question answer is not empty).

Still unclear how to break ties among ChoiceWithHighestValue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @descher! It looks like you reached out to our Support Team and the representative was able to walk you through Piped Text and Branch Logic to answer your question! 🙂

I am interested in this answer because I am having trouble breaking ties with piped text. Is there support for this type of question?

Leave a Reply