Skip Logic not shown properly in the exported Word file | XM Community
Solved

Skip Logic not shown properly in the exported Word file

• 23 January 2019
  • 2 replies

I have a survey with a skip logic set up: If 'strongly agree" to a question is NOT selected, go to the end of the block. However, in the exported Word file, the same skip logic is displayed as "Skip To: End of Block If != I generally prefer to use a diagram rather than a written set of instructions." It does not show the value for the skip logic (i.e., If 2.3 != 7, 7 is for "strongly agree"), and the question after "=" is not even the question I set up the skip logic for. I checked in survey preview, and the skip logic works as I intended, but it is bizarre that it showed up this way in the exported Word file. It is even stranger that a very similar skip logic showed up properly in the exported Word file.

I just want to make sure I am doing everything correct, and it is normal for skip logic not showing up in the right in the Word export.
icon

Best answer by Kate 6 February 2019, 22:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
This might be due to a copy mistake?! When copying a question, the skip logic and everything else is copyed as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I agree with what @Pat said. But I would also add: if you moved your questions around at all skip logic can get a little wonky. Go back to the survey and re-connect the display logic to where you want it to go. Sometimes it just get a little lost.

I also like to use the "account refresh" as a sort of "turn it off/on" again button for when I can't figure out what the heck is going on. Give that a shot.

If it still fails to function, I would alert the support team. Sometimes wires get crossed and stuff doesn't export the way it should! If they can see the problem, they are more able to fix it.

Leave a Reply