Can I remove entire columns (label and radio button) from a rank order question? | XM Community
Solved

Can I remove entire columns (label and radio button) from a rank order question?

• 23 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6
I have a radio button type Rank Order question with 5 items. However, we only want/need the respondents to rank their top 3 of 5 choices. How can I hide the label and radio buttons for 4 and 5? THANKS!

!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 January 2019, 17:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi @Nadaly ,

Add following code in js

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function()
{
/*Place your JavaScript here to run when the page loads*/
jQuery(".c7 ").hide()
jQuery(".c8,last ").hide()
});

Hope it helps 😀
Hi @SaurabhPujare_Ugam

I have the same question as @Nadaly.
The JS code your gave is not working for me. Is there anything I missed or I should change?

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Hello @Nadaly ,

Paste the below code in the js(onReady) of the radio button type Rank Order question

jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" tr.Answers th:eq(3), tr.Answers th:eq(4)").hide();
jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .ChoiceStructure tbody tr").find('td:eq(3)').hide();
jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .ChoiceStructure tbody tr").find('td:eq(4)').hide();
The following code works also for _Rank Order_ question (just change "4" (once) and "5" (twice) depending on the size of the matrix and the columns you want to hide).

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function()
{
/*Place your JavaScript here to run when the page loads*/
for(var i=4; i<=5; i++)
{
jQuery(("#header~rank~"+ i.toString()).replace(/~/g, "\\\\~")).hide();
for(var j=0; j<5; j++)
{
jQuery(("#" + this.questionId + "~" + i.toString() + "~" + j.toString()).replace(/~/g, "\\\\~")).closest("td").hide();
}
}
});
Badge

How would I hide ONLY specific buttons on a particular row/column? The accepted answer is working for me, but I'm trying to adjust it to only hide certain buttons, not entire columns.
Thanks.

Leave a Reply