Write Custom Code in Qualtrics | XM Community
Solved

Write Custom Code in Qualtrics

• 24 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Hello Collegaues,

I would like to integrate Qualtrics with my product.
Ideally integration between products can be done by below 2 approaches...

1. Create Subscription (or Web-Hook) : In Qualtrics we can create subscriptions by providing 'PublicationURL' for different events like activeSurvey, completedResponse etc. This PublicaionURL will receive payload (IDs, timestemp etc.) from Qualtrics once respective event is triggered. Using this IDs we have to call respective Qualtrics APIs and get the details. And than transform Qualtrics data into desired format and send it to the target system.

2. Write Custom Code In Qualtrics : Write custom code in the Qualtrics after specific event i.e. activeSurvey, completedResponse etc. triggered; transferm Qualtrics data in desired format and send it to the the target system.

Approach-1 is working.

Is Qualtrics is providing any mechanism to write Custom Code after specific events (Approach-2)?

Best regards,
Pragnesh
icon

Best answer by TomG 24 January 2019, 15:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Three things:
1. You can add web service calls to the survey flow to send piped data to an external system at any point during the survey.
2. If for some reason you needed to do the above inside a question block (e.g. during each loop of a loop & merge), you could add JavaScript and use ajax.
3. At the end of survey, you can perform an "Actions" based on specific criteria
@TomG,

If I am not wrong than this is applicable during survey design time.
How to achieve this (i.e. custom code) when survey response completed/submitted by multiple respondents and I want to send these response(s) to the target system?
Hello @pragnesh_mistry ,

You can integrate your target system using export api of qualtrics
@Shashi ,

Yes. You can integrate Qualtrics with other products with 'create subscription' and 'export api or create response export apis'. It is part of Approach-1 and it is working.

I am looking solution for Approach-2 where user can write code (when survey is activated or survey response is submitted), form the payload as per target api requirements and post the same.

Leave a Reply