Paired Subset Selection with Randomization | XM Community
Solved

Paired Subset Selection with Randomization

• 29 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
Here is what I am trying to execute:
I have 2 designs (we will call them A & B ), each of which I am comparing to 19 other designs in paired comparisons. The respondent will rank each pair on a sliding scale from 0 (completely different) to 100 (identical). Rather than having each respondent go through all 38 pairs, what I would like to do is be able to have the block randomly select 10 of the 19 pairs with design A and 10 of the 19 pairs with design B to show the respondent. The thing is, I need the selected A-to-other design comparisons to be the same "other designs" as the B-to-other design comparisons in order to analyze the data comparatively. And, the block needs to be entirely randomized, showing the selected 20 pairs in random order. Is there a way to execute this?
icon

Best answer by LibertyW 1 February 2019, 18:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
My suggestion is... assign a variable to the designs. Use a webservice to randomly pick 10, then change those variables from 0 to 1 then show to A and B if a 1.
Badge +1
Thank you @Libertywick for your response. I was able to find a work-around for this issue by slightly altering my methodology. Thank you though for being willing to help!

Leave a Reply