Copy and paste with formatting | XM Community
Solved

Copy and paste with formatting

• 31 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Sorry - this seems like something that should be easy to figure out but I just can't seem to get this to work! I have a participant information sheet that I've put together in a word document complete with all of the links and formatting. When I copy and paste it into a text/graphic question all of the links and formatting is lost. Is there a way to paste with formatting? The formatting features of Qualtrics don't allow for the same appearance so I've been unable to achieve what I want by simply reformatting it all over again through the rich content editor. If I try to paste into the rich content editor I get this message -Because of your browser security settings, the editor is not able to access your clipboard data directly. You are required to paste it again in this window.
Please paste inside the following box using the keyboard (Ctrl/Cmd+V) and hit OK

So I paste it in the box and again the formatting disappears - but maybe this is a clue that it has to do with my browser settings?

Thanks for your help Qualtrics Community!
icon

Best answer by Kate 1 February 2019, 14:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I hate to say this- but your formatting is not going to stay. You're changing platforms/tools. You're going to have to build out your formatting in the rich content editor.

I would say that when I move from Word to Qualtrics with Copy+Paste only about 25% of my formatting stays. Stuff like line breaks or indents will stay. But fonts need to be web-safe; they will change. The size of my font will alter slightly. Any numbers or bullets disappear. It's just the nature of working with two different platforms.

Leave a Reply