Pick, Group, and Rank (Drag-and-Drop) Custom CSS | XM Community
Solved

Pick, Group, and Rank (Drag-and-Drop) Custom CSS

• 1 March 2018
  • 1 reply

I was wondering if anyone has developed custom CSS or JavaScript to alter the drag and drop question format. I would like to display the items that are dragged horizontally across the top of the page. Alternatively, if that can't be down, I would like to keep the items fixed in their position in the item container when they are unsorted. As it is, their position is dynamic, and as you sort the items that come before it, the items move up. If you place an item back in list, you can place it in any order. I would like every item to have its own place that does not change while it is unsorted on the left hand side of the page. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Michael_Campbell_RedPepper 8 March 2018, 16:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hmmm.. I haven't tried doing that yet. I'm all about using the Qualtrics platform as much as possible, without trying to alter it too much, so my advice is a little outside my 'Qualtrics Religion' and I'm wary to lead you outside of the pure platform, but there is a pretty good library I've used in Non-Qualtrics projects called Dragula.

If you absolutely need that functionality, it might get you there. Then, you can have callbacks in the block that will store the results of the Drags.

Like I said, its best to stick to Vanilla Qualtrics, but if it's essential to your survey, this library is pretty straight forward: https://github.com/bevacqua/dragula

Leave a Reply