Gathered Calendar Dates...Now What? | XM Community
Solved

Gathered Calendar Dates...Now What?

• 4 February 2019
  • 3 replies

I'm very new to Qualtrics, and I'm just trying to use a basic survey and results tab report.

When I selected the imported date question that looks like
!

I get an almost nonsensical report
!
_(note the 1 August selection was a test I did)_

It is a small survey and I just want to see how many people picked a given date. So if 13 people picked 2 August 2018 it would show it. And if 0 people picked 1 August 2018 then it would exclude it.

But I can't even figure out how to export a spread sheet that will show anything other than the number of people who picked a given month, and separate data for who picked a given day. This is useless info. I just need to know the actual dates people picked.
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 5 February 2019, 15:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I don't think you are using the correct question type then. For the drill down question, the visualisation will always be broken into the categories. Try using the "Enter a date" type and put Content validation as date in a certain format (so you don't get options like 5.2.2019, 2.5.2019. 05.02.19, Feb 5, 2019, etc, which would mean same day in different circumstances)
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@Michael_S to follow up to @MSlreen you can use the "Enter date:" question from your screen shot. You will want to add validation though. So in the right hand menu for the question, check

* Content Validation
* And then when the new list appears under it, choose date (you can use the drop down to select your format)

Even though it looks like a text entry field it will give you a calendar. It is a nice feature if your dates aren't too far out (the further out the more they will have to click).

After you do that you will want to add an Element at the end of your survey flow (I named mine FormattedDate). Then pipe in your answer to the date question. Under the Embedded Data Options, change the value for your variable from Text to Text Set. This will get you the frequency counts you want by date. You can see how the Question (first table) and Embedded Data value show up in reporting from the screen cap below.

!
@bstrahin and @Mslreen, thanks for the help! I've made those edits. Since I only had about 30 responses, I went ahead and changed their survey data to the new question and format.

Unfortunately, that means the FormattedDate Element didn't pull those responses. My only thought is to go back and retake the response for each.

Anyway, thanks so much for the help!

Leave a Reply