Display logic within loop and merge | XM Community
Solved

Display logic within loop and merge

• 5 February 2019
  • 2 replies

I am writing a survey that asks participants to choose their favorite person from a list of options at 10 specific places, with the option to choose N/A if they cannot decide one one person. I then pipe the answers into a field of another loop and merge with the same 10 places in the other field. In this loop and merge, I ask questions to probe the reasoning behind the participant's choice. If the participant chooses N/A, I don't want the questions (or current loop) to appear. Is there a way to have a display logic for each loop; i.e. if the participant answers N/A, don't display the current loop.
icon

Best answer by LibertyW 6 February 2019, 18:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Is n/a exclusive? They can't click anything else? I would use the survey flow so that they loop and merge only appears so long as "n/a" is not selected.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
> @Kate said:
> Is n/a exclusive? They can't click anything else? I would use the survey flow so that they loop and merge only appears so long as "n/a" is not selected.

Agree, or I think skip logic would work here too as long as it is exclusive.
If not, my suggestion is to create a hidden page with the answer options excluding NA then use display logic to show if selected, looping and merging from the hidden page.

Leave a Reply