Using Branch Logic with Time Auto Advance | XM Community
Solved

Using Branch Logic with Time Auto Advance

• 6 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Greetings!

I am attempting to work with Branch Logic to autoadvance to a different path if the participant stalls on a question and does not select an answer after so many seconds.

I have read through some forums and gathered that I'd likely need to work this into embedded data, but this is my first time doing so. Where should I start to begin building this?
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 7 February 2019, 15:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
This might work. You could add a timing question. Then add a branch in survey flow saying if number of clicks is greater than or equal to 1, then go down path 1. If not, go down path 2. That way you don't necessarily have to have a variable unless you want one. In which case you can add a second branch that says "If clicks >=1 then v_path1 = 1 otherwsie v_path2=1 or whatever.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@MMeyer Are you using the timing question to auto advance? If so, it will record the seconds when it auto advances and is a built-in variable that you can set branch and display logic for.

Q1. Timing question
* Set to auto-advance after (seconds) to your desired length for 'stalling'

Then in your survey flow:
Branch - Q1 - Page Submit - Is Greater Than or Equal to - [seconds you set in Q1]
It appears I’ve completely misunderstood timing questions - since adding a timing question erased the multiple choice question I was trying to time, I had assuming I couldn’t mix the two question types. Your model has worked wonderfully.

Leave a Reply