Why my preview doesn't work? | XM Community
Solved

Why my preview doesn't work?

• 6 February 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi qualtrics community!
I've created a questionary and when I click preview, it takes me straight to end of it. I have clicked the restart button, but it doesnt work. How can I solve it?

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by LibertyW 6 February 2019, 18:26

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
It could be a lot of things, so without more detail, I can only give suggestions on what to look for. 1. check that you don't have a quota that will term you if full
2. check that skip logic somewhere isn't set to "end of survey"
3. Check survey flow logic to see if you have a broken branch or variable
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Agree with @Libertywick and want to add:

4. Check to see that the survey isn't "closed" under survey options. I copy and paste projects a lot and that one has burned me several times.
Thank you! I was able to sort it out, I think it had to do with some of the flow logic and conditions. I'm new to qualtrics, so I'm still figuring out how to use it.
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
I am having a similar issue with the "preview" button, however, there is no consistency in the issue. It will work in some surveys, others it will not. I've made no changes to existing surveys where the preview has always worked, but now is not.

I've tested in both Firefox and Chrome; same issue with each browser. I've checked settings/survey flow, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. I am set as an administrator so should have no restrictions/quota.

Any suggestions?
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
To add to my comment above, a coworker checked these surveys in her Qualtrics account and is experiencing similar issues. If you preview the survey from the Projects page (Action menu), it previews fine (in a pop-up window). Still, the preview button within the survey itself is not working. This is true for both Firefox and Chrome.
Badge +3
Hi @Chanda_IUK! This does not sound like intentionality functionality here. Be sure to reach out to our Support Team so that they can investigate the issue further!
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
Thank you @jdennis! I submitted the issue to the support team on Friday and received a very quick response. As it turns out, there are other users experiencing the same problem. Support has escalated the issue to the engineers to be address. Thanks so much to all of you for your help.

Leave a Reply