Adding Inline Email Question to a Distribute Survey Task in Actions | XM Community
Solved

Adding Inline Email Question to a Distribute Survey Task in Actions

• 6 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +36
In survey 1, I have an action set up to distrubute a survey when staff enter the contact information of a client. For survey two, the email that clients receive should have an inline email question. I copied the source code of the invite email message from survey 2 into my distribute survey action, but the text that is displayed for the inline question is from survey 1. However, when I click on an answer choice it correctly takes me to survey 2.

For the correct text to display, I think I need to change these portions of the code, but I don't know how to find the links or IDs to use from survey 2. Any ideas?
${q://QID1/QuestionText}
${q://QID1/ColumnLabel/0}
${q://QID1/ColumnLabel/1}
href="${l://ChoiceLink/QID1/0}"
${q://QID1/ChoiceDescription/0}

It should look like this (from Survey 2):
!

It currently looks like this (Distribute survey task)
!
icon

Best answer by TomG 7 February 2019, 15:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
Have you tried previewing the question in your second survey and inspecting the element?

You can right click on areas you are interested in and choose inspect element (at least works in Chrome) and when you start to hover over you will see where it shows up in the code and it will display the IDs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@dobra021,

Since you are doing it from the action of survey 1, the pipe values are from survey 1. There isn't a way to pipe the values from survey 2. So, your options are to:
1. Hard code the values in your email invite (replace "${q://QID1/QuestionText}" with "How likely are you to recommend...", "${q://QID1/ColumnLabel/0}" with "Not at all likely..." , etc. Leave the links as is (e.g. href="${l://ChoiceLink/QID1/0}").
2. Add a hidden question to survey 1 that matches your question in survey 2, then change the QIDs (except the links), to the survey 1 hidden question QID.
Userlevel 5
Badge +36
@TomG,

Great, that makes sense! Would you recommend hiding the question through display logic or Javascript?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @dobra021 said:
> @TomG,
>
> Great, that makes sense! Would you recommend hiding the question through display logic or Javascript?

I think it will work with Display Logic, which would be preferable. You'll have to try to confirm.

Leave a Reply