Question labels for matrix question rows | XM Community

Question labels for matrix question rows

• 2 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Is there any means of forcing a specific question label for each row of a matrix question?
The "_1", "_2" suffixes aren't getting it done for me.
Same thing goes for question IDs.
Any thoughts?

5 replies

Since posting the original question I have discovered that "Question Export Tag" can be used to dictate the "question ID" of a row in a matrix table. This is primarily for export files when you expect specific text in the column header.

I am still wondering how I can establish a specific question label for a row of a matrix table. This is reduce the burden on dashboard authors having to modify the labeling of survey data elements when the survey data is brought into a dashboard. The idea being that they would have to always make the same exact edit to the field name in order to have consistency across numerous dashboards.
Does anyone have an answer - to put question labels in Qualtrics on matrix questions, so they are easily identified when exported to SPSS, for further manipulation, scoring, grouping and so on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Browno said:
> Does anyone have an answer - to put question labels in Qualtrics on matrix questions, so they are easily identified when exported to SPSS, for further manipulation, scoring, grouping and so on?
As @Chris_M mentioned, modify the "Question Export Tags":
!
!
Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I know this post is OLD (even the screen shot is the old interface) but it really helped me out when I needed to recode my values and couldn’t figure out how to do it in the newer interface.….Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

@AMLS , hello, you can simply click on question and you can see question properties at left pan. Scroll down these properties and at below you will be able to fine Recode option and rest is already there at above TomG's reply.

Leave a Reply