Clear matrix answered on checkbox click and vice versa | XM Community
Solved

Clear matrix answered on checkbox click and vice versa

• 9 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Hey everyone!

I have a questionaire, where respondents can choose to either fill a matrix or check a checkbox, like on the picture below:

!

Now, I want to enable, that when someone checks the "I do not want feedback" box, any potential selcetion in the matrix above gets removed. I have the following code so far:

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function()
{
/*Place your JavaScript here to run when the page is fully displayed*/
var qid = this.questionId;
jQuery("input[name='QR~QID57~1']").change(() => {
for (var i = 1; i <= 3; i++) {
for (var j = 1; j <= 6; j++) {
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.registry[qid].setChoiceValue(i, j, false);
}
}
});
});

However, this doesn't work, every time I check the checkbox now, I get the following error:

!

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by TomG 9 February 2019, 20:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Try changing it to this:
```
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function() {
var qobj = this;
jQuery("input[name='QR~QID57~1']").change(() => {
jQuery("#"+qobj.questionId+" input[type=radio]").each(function() {
var splitId = this.id.split("~");
qobj.setChoiceValue(splitId[2], splitId[3], false);
});
}
});
```
I still get the same error. It's really strange, even when I totally "unroll" the loop, and hardcall setChoiceValue(1, 1, false) etc X times, it gives me the mistake. I am very much confused.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @rrump said:
> I still get the same error. It's really strange, even when I totally "unroll" the loop, and hardcall setChoiceValue(1, 1, false) etc X times, it gives me the mistake. I am very much confused.

The code I posted worked for me. The only difference was I didn't hard code the checkbox reference when I tried it. Please provide more information:
1. Post your complete code in fences, like:
\\`\\`\\`
your code goes here
\\`\\`\\`
2. Does the error display when you select the checkbox or when the page loads?
3. Post of block preview link to the question.
Hey!

1. I literally reused your code 1:1 right now. I also tried different version, where I trigger it from a button instead of a jQuery Event (thought, maybe the mistake could be there), no difference.

2. Only once the checkbox has been checked, not on page load.

3. https://mtecethz.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_7Nx0rLEbrHTmYpD/BL_blsZkJvPnBxs2Rn?Q_SurveyVersionID=current - Thank you so much already
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@rrump,

I tried it on a Likert where it works. It doesn't work on a Bipolar. They should be the same, but there appears to be a problem within the bipolar question object. You should probably report it Qualtrics Support.

Leave a Reply