Exporting questionnaire data not correct - please help! | XM Community
Solved

Exporting questionnaire data not correct - please help!

• 11 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Not sure why this is happening but when I export my questionnaire data, in all formats, (I usually use spss and excel for analysis) the scoring of the 1-7 likerts are displaying as double digits? I have gone over the scoring selected and re-chosen auto or renumber which is as I want it but when I export it - im not getting what I need. Its a double digit number when it should be a corresponding 1-7 number to the likert scale. Any ideas how I can solve this. Please help!!! Without this - the data is useless. As I cant export and then analyse it.

Kindness,
Siii
icon

Best answer by Kate 11 February 2019, 17:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Do you meant the values 1 to 7 appearing with prefix 0 like 01,02....07?
No the likert scale possible answers of 1-7 are being coded as double digit numbers like 31 33 32 when I export the data for one likert matrix question. I looked at the scoring and the scale is correct. Not sure why it is doing this. if I can’t solve this I am going to have to manually go through all participants answers to this question. Aghhh!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I had this same problem. You used the "automatic choices" feature, which auto-codes them at separate values for each different scale. Just go into your recode values, and assign them the values you want. All data that already existed will revert to the new values you have assigned.

!
Thank you. That’s exactly what it was. Although scoring showed 1-7 when I went into recoding I saw different values, so I changed that and everything is sorted. Thank you so so much!
Badge +1

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/11398#Comment_11398Kate you are my hero! I know this was 3 years ago so I doubt you will ever see this but I just spent hours and hours trying to hand recode all my variables with no luck, was completely despairing as to why they appeared incorrectly until I found this. Thank you so much for taking the time to help someone out - you're still helping people years later! 🙂

Leave a Reply