Exporting labelled regions | XM Community
Question

Exporting labelled regions

• 11 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi!

I have a question regarding hotspots/regions and exporting these. I have a survey consisting of over 700 questions, which are randomly assigned to respondents. Each of these questions consist of a scale of 5 pictures (using the hotspot function), where the respondent must chose one of the pictures. We've already manually named all of our regions, reflecting what the picture shows. The problem arises when we export our data.

When we export our data, the selected region is displayed as "on", where 4 remaining (unselected) regions are displayed as "off". Is it possible to export the data, so that the region selected is displayed as it's given name, instead of showing "on"? Additionally, I don't want all of the "off" selections to appear in the exported data.

Thanks in advance.

1 reply

Badge +2
HI @idaman,

Maybe you need to set an embedded data field in your Survey Flow that gets the information from your hot spot answer. Then when you export your data you will get the embedded data field with the selected choice.

1. Open the Survey Flow and insert an Embedded data block
2. Give it a name, for example, _hot_spot_answer_ and set its value inserting piped text from your hot spot question, Selected choices for answer when "On". It'll look like this: ${q://QID1/ChoiceGroup/SelectedChoicesForAnswer/2}

But I don't know how to remove the fields with the "Off" selections in the exported data.

Leave a Reply