How to change language on an inline email question? | XM Community
Solved

How to change language on an inline email question?

• 11 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
Hi,

I'm sending out a survey through email, and want to embed the first question in the body of the email. Everything seems clear, but I also have a French section of the email body, and want to embed the same question, but translated in french.

Here is a picture of the inline question:

!

Is there a way to add a language preference to this code, the same way I would to an anonymous link? I've been looking at adding this - "&Q_lang=FR" but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by TomG 11 February 2019, 17:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Tim_Silcox said:
> but I also have a French section of the email body
Does this mean you also have an English section of the email message? If so, you won't be able to use the Qualtrics translation.

With Qualtrics translation you translate the survey and the email message. Then Qualtrics uses the Language field in your contact list to send the message in the correct translation and your survey starts in that language.

If you are including both English and French versions of the question in the email message, then you'll have to manually put the translation in the email message.
Badge +2
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your response! I do have a English section of the message, and a French section. I don't need to use the Qualtrics translation, just a way to toggle selection of the embedded inline email question.

It sounds like there's not a way to modify the inline question code to have it open in the translated language (French in this case) instead of in the email language field.

Leave a Reply