For a Creative with 2 buttons (e.g. Responsive Dialog), can clicks be tracked independently? | XM Community
Solved

For a Creative with 2 buttons (e.g. Responsive Dialog), can clicks be tracked independently?

• 15 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
I have a Responsive Dialog set up with 2 buttons ('Provide Feedback' and 'No Thanks').

!

1. It looks like in Statistics, Clicks are only being counted when folks click the 'Provide Feedback' button that triggers the survey and not the 'No Thanks' button that dismisses the intercept. Is this correct?
2. Is there a way for me to track clicks independently for both buttons? (I understand that I can get some read on how many folks are seeing the intercept from Impressions, but I'd like to get a better sense of whether respondents are _engaging with_ the intercept at all - e.g. If the result of 99% of impressions is just a dismissed intercept, that would be really useful for us to know because we might want to change the creative or the intercept itself to encourage higher engagement).
icon

Best answer by KendraR 5 March 2019, 19:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hey, @KiraPW! Just wanted to hop in here an answer your questions!
1. The Click metric is incremented every time the target is loaded. So, this would be every time the "Provide Feedback" button is clicked.
2. Qualtrics currently only keeps track of the clicks for the button that launches the target. As you said, you could get an idea of the engagement by comparing the number of Impressions to the number of clicks.

As always, if you have any further questions feel free to reach out to our Support Team!

Leave a Reply