Change Question Type and Response data | XM Community
Solved

Change Question Type and Response data

• 18 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi Qualtrics Community members.

Need help with using and analyzing the data from one of my survey.

I had used a slider for one of the questions for people to rate their awareness level on a particular topic instead of likert scale based choice option. The survey is now closed and the data has been recorded however when trying to cross tabulate the responses because this particular question (a key question for my survey) was a slider it does not show up as one of the questions to be used in the list for cross tabulation.

Can anyone suggest how to change this so it gets included in the Cross tabulation section and if needed I could overwrite the responses as a slider the options were 1 - 5 under liker multi choice the options will go something like this Least familiar, Somewhat familiar, Moderately familiar, Very Familiar and Extremely Familiar.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 5 March 2019, 17:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Have you tried adding Recode Values to the slider question to see if it might allow it to show in the Cross Tabs?
Tried that, it didn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @AmitL! Currently only Multiple Choice questions, Matrix Table questions, and Embedded Data can be added to a Cross Tab. Check out this page with more information. If you have not yet already, I'd recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!

Leave a Reply