Error message "network error". | XM Community
Solved

Error message "network error".

• 18 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6
We recently launched a survey with unique links to a classroom of our participants. All used the same device types and all were accessing the survey at the same time. Some got messages saying "network error" and could not complete it; others were able to just fine. And one user who got the message refreshed his screen and was able to get in.

So my question is this; has anyone else seen this sort of error, and have any idea what it is? When this happens, there's immediate panic and we start with the blame game; the people in the classroom swear it can't be the devices. The IT folks swear it isn't OUR network, it must be Qualtrics. App developers say it's not them, it must be the Wi-Fi.

I care nothing about where the problem is, or about recriminations; I just want to figure out what's going on.

So...anyone else experienced a "network error" message when using a survey, and know what caused it?
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 19 February 2019, 22:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @raperm! Our status page will keep you updated on any outages we may be experiencing. I would otherwise recommend reaching out to our Support Team at the time this occurs, as they will be able to further troubleshoot and diagnose the issue you may be having.
We have run into a problem today with reminder individualized email links not working. The link takes you to a page with the message: Error message "network error". There were no issues with the individualized invitation email links. Qualtrics Support Team is looking into this but when I saw the messages above from raperm and LaurenK, I thought I should ask how your issue was resolved/fixed.
I'm having the same issue with an SMS text link for a daily survey, some of my participants are getting "network occurred" errors - any insight?

I'm having the same issue with individualized links and a network error. It's happening for every link on one of my surveys regardless of device, location, browser, etc. but not impacting any of my other surveys. Did anyone above find a solution?

I have the same "network error" issue. The survey has worked very well so far. All of a sudden it just stopped working and returnet the error message (individualized links).
Do anyone have a solution? We have a survey live that really has to function properly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/40707#Comment_40707Our status page will keep you updated on any outages we may be experiencing. It looks as though we may have experienced an outage that has since been resolved. If you are still experiencing issues, we'd highly recommend reaching out to our Support Team, as they are best equipped to help!

Leave a Reply