How to Limit Number of Responses to Condition/Questions | XM Community
Solved

How to Limit Number of Responses to Condition/Questions

• 18 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi,

In my survey, I have four conditions "A", "B", "C", and "D" in which participants are randomly assigned to one of them. Then they are randomly assigned to either "Y" or "Z".

So I have a total of 8 conditions and I only want to collect a specific number of participants for each condition in the study.

"AY"
"AZ"-->20
"BY"-->12
"BZ"
"CY"-->15
"CZ"
"DY"
"DZ"-->18

I was wondering if there is any way to do this. Would a quota work? Or is there any other way?

Thank you so much for your help!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 18 February 2019, 22:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hi @jess5
You can use Embedded Data After Each condition to save which condition got assigned to participant .
for eg here you can have two variable namely condn1 and condn2 after which you can just add a Quota based on the embedded data's value.
If you are using Randomizer to assign the condition you can use group elements to keep the embedded data and condition under one group and use then use it under randomizer.
Thank you for your prompt response.

Okay, so I currently have this in my survey flow. How would I use a group element and embedded data to then set a quota here? I have not used these two functions before. I would really appreciate your help. Thank you.

!
Hello @jess5 ,

You can apply display logic (in quota condition ) for question that will surely appear to respondent. If suppose first question of both A and Z are displayed to every user, then the quota condition will be if A(Q1) == displayed AND Z(Q1) == displayed then increment a quota for AZ.
Thank you @Shashi

I have two questions.
1) What happens when I reach my quota. Let's say I already have 20 people for Condition AZ. Will this condition stop from appearing or will participants have to enter and answer those questions (from condition A and Condition Z) to then be directed to the end of the survey?

I do not want it so that they start the study but then cannot finish it. I just want it so that if the quota is complete, they can be in another condition

2) I do not want to collect data from the other conditions (AY)? Do I implement a quota so they do not enter into condition AY?

Thank you!
Hello @jess5 ,

For point 1: Apply a branch logic over both the blocks i.e A and Z as if AZ quota not met, but we need to also add if D is selected and DZ quota not met OR if A is selected and AZ quota not met.

For point 2: Add branch logic over Y as if A(Q1) is not displayed
Thank you @Shashi.

For Point 2, is this what you mean?
!

And can you elaborate on Point 1. I already have my quotas set as this. I am unsure about the branch logic.
!

And thank you so much for your help!

Leave a Reply