Same Survey Send Each Month to Same Individuals BUT I want them to see previous REPLIES | XM Community
Solved

Same Survey Send Each Month to Same Individuals BUT I want them to see previous REPLIES

• 19 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +5
If I want to run the same feedback survey each month, to the same individuals, BUT I want them to see their responses from last month to see if there is a change in feedback... how can i do this?
icon

Best answer by Kate 19 February 2019, 16:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
You're going to want to create an embedded data category to capture everything you want to show them on the repeat survey. Use Contact List Triggers to associate that information with every panel member.

Then, on your new month's survey, use those old fields to display everything again.

Note that if you use the same survey project over and over, the data will over-write itself every month. This should be fine for most purposes. But if you want to track the data month over month, you may want to consider making a new survey project every month.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Kate
"Note that if you use the same survey project over and over, the data will over-write itself every month. "
Can you explain this more? Maybe this is what I'm looking for.
I have these feedback surveys for monthly training sessions which I would like to use every month instead of creating multiple projects. Is it possible to use the same survey every month and distribute via anonymous link. Also the trainer will change monthly- but the survey questions are same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Psarma :
I'm happy to tell you more if you'd like to switch your distribution method, however: you are not going to store the last month's question answers via the contact trigger I mention above if you choose to distribute via anonymous link. Anonymous links store no user data on purpose- therefore, there is no way to pull in any information associated with a singular contact (e.g. their last month's responses).
To store data to be used month after month, you will have use personalized links, OR provide some sort of "log in" for your participants by having them authenticate their identity:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/advanced-elements/authenticator/authenticator-overview/

However, if you have no need to store data month to month and really do prefer to use the anonymous link:
I would suggest adding an embedded data category to the end of your anonymous link URL.
In the survey, simply place a new embedded data category, "Trainer". Leave the other side of that equation blank:
image.png
This sets you up to pass that information via the anonymous link URL:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/passing-information-through-query-strings/
So all you have to do every month is send the same link, but add the trainer information...EG:

https://hardbodies.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0123abcd?Trainer=Kate

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks Kate for the quick response.
I'll try to implement this if possible for my survey. Also, can I explain briefly what exactly I'm looking for...
Is there a way we can keep using the same links but just update the Event/Session Name (Monthly) and segregate the responses (e.g. Responses for May, June, July separately to be viewed)? So that you don’t have to recreate the survey every month. What is the best way to do this? 
Right now I'm creating anonymous feedback survey projects for each event every month. The thing is these are monthly update meetings , and after the session presentation, we want to get feedbacks from the meeting attendees (which is not more than 10 people). So I was exploring options where I can use the same survey project every month instead of taking a copy and using it for the next event.

Leave a Reply