Deleting responses abyssmaly slow | XM Community
Solved

Deleting responses abyssmaly slow

• 21 February 2019
  • 10 replies

Badge +4
For the past few weeks, whenever I go to clean my data set and delete bad responses, Qualtrics has taken a reallllly long time to process the request. Is there something going on behind the scenes that has caused this sudden slow down?
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 22 February 2019, 14:34

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I'm not a behind the scenes person... but agreed it has taken 10s of minutes for things to delete. Any sort of manipulation on that page that does not involve a download has been taking forever
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
I had trouble for awhile with specific surveys not seeming to index or process requests. I was able to reach directly out to support as it became problematic and they were able to do a manual indexing that made things go much faster. My primary problem was with indexing however and not deleting, but it may still be worth you reaching out directly to Support.
Badge +4
Thanks! I had have issues with indexing before too and reached out to them regarding that. It would happen whenever I would edit data in the "Data and Analysis" screen. The page would try to refresh, but there would often be responses caught in some weird kind of limbo - unable to get updated. They taught me a work around setting embedded data that would correct the issue. It seems like these are two significant flaws to the technology that need addressing. So long as they are present, all the fancy data manipulation tools are not much good to a user.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I too have been experiencing this. I have found that refreshing my internet browser after waiting a minute or so tends to delete the data much more efficiently.
I know this is a few months late, but my coworkers and I have been experiencing this issue as well. I contacted support the other day when the slowness evolved into issues fully deleting and importing datasets despite saying the requests were complete.

Support gave me a solution which allowed me to solve this problem the next time it arose. Add a new embedded data variable in the Survey Flow. This forces the dataset to re-index. This seems to resolve any lingering requests which seem to be complete but actually aren't. You can remove the embedded data afterward.

I hope this solution helps others!
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
We had a similar issue (with a response missing in the list) and discrepancy in the response totals. As suggested above and demonstrated by @Ketonjo in a similar situation, we also added embedded data to the survey flow. After re-indexing, the missing response appeared and the discrepancy resolved. We also removed the temporary element in the survey flow afterwards. Thanks for everyone's comments. Helped a great deal.
Badge +1

I am also having this issue. Would appreciate a step-by-step walk through of how to add embedded data to the workflow to fix this issue if someone is willing. Or if someone from Qualtrics can just fix this problem that would be great!

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

brad7280
The steps are:

1. Open the survey, navigate to the Survey Flow

2. Add new element

3. Select "Embedded Data"

4. Select "Survey Metadata" in drop-down menu

5. Select "Embedded Data" in list

6. Select "Apply"; SAVES your survey flow changes

7. Access survey responses via Data & Analysis

It should re-index your responses and correct the issue. I don't believe you have to publish to make it work, but if you don't see any changes, try publishing and see if that makes a difference.
I have created a very brief video showing the steps. Hope this helps. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sVaIRf72MlooGnzpGx4o3Nubg-3-I_FS/view?usp=sharing

Badge +1

Chanda_IUK thank you so much for this comprehensive explanation. I have followed these instructions and, even after clicking "publish," the problem remains, unfortunately.
Screenshot 2021-11-08 165336.png

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I recommend clearing your cache and cookies, then try again. To note, sometimes it doesn't change immediately. Perhaps after you clear your history, you wait a little bit and then see if it is resolved. There are times that I don't see an immediate response to a change.

Leave a Reply