Is there a way to automatically exclude duplicates in a contact list when using a trigger? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a way to automatically exclude duplicates in a contact list when using a trigger?

• 21 February 2019
  • 3 replies

We offer online classes. Participants come to a Qualtrics Survey after taking the class, to pass a test, and if they pass, to get a certificate. If they fail the test, they are offered a chance to take another test and sent to an abbreviated survey. In the first survey we have a trigger that collects their email. When they go to retake the test, the second survey, authenticates their email against that contact list. The problem is we are currently using the the same contact list for several surveys (class tests) and finding if someone take more than one class test, we have duplicate emails which messes up the authentication. I don't want to have to create a contact list for each survey (class test) and wondering if there is a way to not have the trigger add a duplicate email?
icon

Best answer by SamS 12 March 2019, 17:11

View original

3 replies

Hello @Glna ,

We can use different embedded data in the survey and contact list to validate this.
But anything I choose would/could be duplicated in the contact list. I wonder if I can have qualtrics assign a unique identifier each time someone takes a survey that could be used to authenticate?
Badge +4
Hi, @GIna! I just wanted to jump in and recommend that you contact our support team about this question! They may be able to troubleshoot an alternative solution with you! You can call or send an email by heading over to our Support Center.

Leave a Reply