Back button | XM Community
Solved

Back button

• 22 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello! I haven't used Qualtrics for a while so please bear with me. I'm trying to add back buttons to particular blocks and/or questions so participants can look back at or change their answers. I would have liked to do this to the whole survey but I am using skip logic between blocks (so I can see why it's not possible to do this across the whole survey). When I try to select back buttons as an option for the blocks that don't use any embedded features, they still don't show up in the preview. Is there any way I can get around this? Thanks
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 22 February 2019, 14:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@helen33 you should be able to turn int on for your whole survey (it will disappear for the questions that start a new block) through Survey Options in the survey editor.

Then you can check out this post for some Javascript you can use if you want to hide the back button on specific questions: https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/249/how-can-i-hide-the-previous-and-next-buttons-on-my-survey
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@helen33 , like @bstrahin said you can enable the back button for the whole survey in the survey options.

If you don't want it to disappear on some pages you should remove the skip logic and achieve the same results using display logic instead.

Leave a Reply