Progress Bar Customization | XM Community
Solved

Progress Bar Customization

• 25 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Hey,
In my survey, I got 6 blocks and I'd like to display a progress bar at the top that will show how many blocks you have passed.
The final progress bar should look like: "Block X/5 Blocks" (X should increase after you pass each block)
The first block is only an explanation and therefore doesn't count in the progress bar.

I know that this is not possible with Qualtrics basic tools and I have to add some code to the header to make it happen (but I don't know how to do it).

I'd love to get some help on how exactly to do it.
Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 February 2019, 17:58

View original

4 replies

Hello @amit_ofry ,

The easiest solution for this is to add a line before the questions of each block saying "Block X/5 Blocks"
Thanks for your quick response!
But in this case, your solution won't work because I forgot to mention that besides the first explanation block all the other 5 blocks are randomly shuffled each time.
Do you know how to create the progress bar I mentioned for this case?
> @amit_ofry said:
> Thanks for your quick response!
> But in this case, your solution won't work because I forgot to mention that besides the first explanation block all the other 5 blocks are randomly shuffled each time.
> Do you know how to create the progress bar I mentioned for this case?

Thanks for Clarification.

Create an embedded data (bnumber) and start it with 0.
In the randomizer create a group consising of a block and an embedded data element.
Before block, in the embedded data increment the bnumber by 1 using math optioration.
Now, pipe in this bnumber in the progress text - "${e://Field/bnumber}/5 Blocks"
It works!
Thank you 🙂

Leave a Reply