Capture URL of visitors who submit a survey? | XM Community
Solved

Capture URL of visitors who submit a survey?

• 25 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
I've launched a feedback slider survey. It would be great to know which page a user is on when they decide to take the survey.

I searched extensively and couldn't find anything related to this. Is it not possible?
icon

Best answer by Kate 25 February 2019, 22:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Navigate to the intercept settings. And simply set your embedded data to record it.

!

!

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/website-app-feedback/intercepts-tab/edit-intercept-section/action-set-options/embedded-data-website-app-feedback/
Badge +1
Thanks for the assistance. I had already enabled "Current Page URL" as embedded data for the intercept. Where should I be able to see that data? Of course, it would make sense if I can add a new column for the actual survey submissions, but what I titled the embedded data isn't available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
It is saved as embedded data the same way it is saved in a survey project. So it will only save for completed surveys, and it will be stored along side their response. Works for any export format- .pdf, excel, SPSS, whatever.

Make sure you re-add it in your survey flow, too. Or else it won't capture. Simply add those fields into the survey flow and they will be set from the URL:
!

If you want to know when they _interacted_ with the site intecept, you will need to set up your _website analytics_ to trigger an event when the site intercept is interacted with. Then you can see what pages users were on when they clicked in your analytics data, but you won't have survey responses.
Badge +1
> @Kate said:
> It is saved as embedded data the same way it is saved in a survey project. So it will only save for completed surveys, and it will be stored along side their response. Works for any export format- .pdf, excel, SPSS, whatever.

There has been one completed survey submission yet the page they came from isn't noted anywhere.

In the intercept, I have the name of "Current Page URL" set to "Page." When I look at the survey results, the "Page" column isn't an option 😕. Is the intercept and survey separated from each other?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Yes they are seperate: I reviewed my last statement and added some stuff, I think we're just typing at the same time 🙂 Sorry about that. Check my old response and lmk if you have another question.

It doesn't matter that you decided to name it "Page". Just in your survey flow, label the embedded data category "Page" as well so it knows what it is looking for. It's going to take it right from the URL query string.
Badge +1
Success! Thanks.

Leave a Reply