How to freeze certain responses when retaking a survey? | XM Community
Solved

How to freeze certain responses when retaking a survey?

• 27 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi all,

I am building a survey that requires two people working on the same form. Currently I am using the Retake Survey method mentioned here https://qualtrics.com/community/discussion/1812/2-part-survey-that-needs-to-be-completed-by-different-people, and it's working well.

There's only one issue, can I stop the second survey taker from making any changes to the first survey taker's responses? And preferably, the second survey taker is still able to see the response. If I simply hide the first person's block from the second person, the responses in first block will be deleted after using the retake survey link.

For example, a teacher will grade a student's performance on a form, then a retake survey link will be sent to the student asking if he/she agrees. Obviously, the student can leave comments but shouldn't be able to change the teacher's response on the form.

Many thanks.
icon

Best answer by PeeyushBansal 27 February 2019, 07:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
when you hide block responses will not be deleted.
You can also lock answers using script like:-
`Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function()
{

var y="${e://Field/flag1}";

if(y ==1)
{

document.getElementById("QR~QID1~1").disabled = true;
document.getElementById("QR~QID1~2").disabled = true;
document.getElementById("QR~QID1~3").disabled = true;

};`
Hi bansalpeeyush29,

Thank you very much for the answer!

Just one last question, how do I lock response for Signature type answers?

I've tried 'QR~QIDxxx' and 'QR~QIDxxx~1', both not working.
> @qingli said:
> Hi bansalpeeyush29,
>
> Thank you very much for the answer!
>
> Just one last question, how do I lock response for Signature type answers?
>
> I've tried 'QR~QIDxxx' and 'QR~QIDxxx~1', both not working.

For signature question type:

`jQuery("#QIDxx-SignatureBox").css("pointer-events","none");`
Hi Shashi, many thanks!
Badge +2
Hello,

Although the retake method is the best option for this currently, but I have clients that are submitting survey responses from the accounting department as well as human resources. I don't want them to take the survey separately, but would rather them have the same link and for them to be able to work together on the submission as it saves responses from both users working simultaneously. Hoping it is in the works!

Brianna

@bansalpeeyush29
I tried to use the code you wrote, but when I add it to the questions, it isn't working. I'm not sure why.

Leave a Reply