Quotas using embedded variables | XM Community
Solved

Quotas using embedded variables

• 28 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I have a pretty big (for me) quota breakout that I am looking for a simpler solution. So I have embedded variable called "Market" that we populate using a database based on someones zip code. So it will tell us if they are in "Atlanta" or "Washington DC" etc. We use sample vendors to collect data and there are 4 of them in this study, each with their own redirect. So each sample vendor will be collecting 1/4 of each "Markets" overall quota.

i.e.
Atlanta - quota 400
Vendor 1 - 100
Vendor 2 - 100
Vendor 3 - 100
Vendor 4 - 100

So there are 40 markets with 4 vendors so we are talking about 160 individual quotas to set up.

Any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by TomG 28 February 2019, 18:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I don't think there is a way to automate it. So, the fastest way will be to copy the quotas in such a way that you have to change the minimum amount for each copy (the description and one condition)
Userlevel 1
Is there a way to do this?

Have a hidden single select QUESTION that had a list of all the "Markets". Then write some kind of script that said if "embedded variable=Atlanta" automatically select "Atlanta" in that hidden question? Then I could do the same thing with vendor and then "create multiple quotas" based on those two questions?

This is how it was done in my previous survey platform...just a thought!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Jodi said:
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Have a hidden single select QUESTION that had a list of all the "Markets". Then write some kind of script that said if "embedded variable=Atlanta" automatically select "Atlanta" in that hidden question? Then I could do the same thing with vendor and then "create multiple quotas" based on those two questions?
>
> This is how it was done in my previous survey platform...just a thought!
>

Yes, you could write some JavaScript to automatically select an answer based on an embedded variable.

Leave a Reply