Graphic Slider is showing a different image than what shows during setup. | XM Community
Solved

Graphic Slider is showing a different image than what shows during setup.

• 5 March 2019
  • 4 replies

I am trying to use the smiley face on the graphic slider question. When I see it in the editing screen, I see this:

!

But when I preview on mac or pc and different browsers I get a completely different image which is this:

!

This makes me feel more
!

Than
!
Because there is a noticeable difference between the two since once is happy to sad scale, and the other is happy to angry scale. I just want the one that it shows me while editing.
icon

Best answer by Kate 5 March 2019, 22:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
The way you wrote this made me laugh.

I'm fairly certain the face upon display is being chosen by the computer system itself, where as qualtrics is able to pull from their web-based software the one you like.

Personally, I never cared for the emotion slider at all. It doesn't allow the participant to see the full range available- you're finding yourself you have to slide it to see everything. I would consider using a regular multiple choice question and uploading your own images- then you have confidence the emotion range is exactly what you want with no variation among respondents.

!
I am aware of that, it is just frustrating that a tool that they have is not working as it shows in edit mode as it does.

I also question whether it is system settings. The code shows you can modify those images in JS and the code is not unicode. I think this is a bug in qualtrics.

To add to that, your solution is better both in usability and methodologically, but it defeats the purpose of the graphic slider as an option. I dont want to source my own images, I don't want to have to insert them and build a question out manually. I want to pay for a service, like qualtrics, that gives me what they say they will in the most effective way.

I guess I will just do it manually, and stop ranting.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hey, @HSCwebmaster! I apologize for this experience and understand your frustrations with the survey editor appearing differently than the survey preview. I would recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@HSCwebmaster Hey there. I had this same issue a few months back. The solution is that I had to use the new Dynamic theme in Look and Feel instead of my custom branded one. I ended up choosing to do that because I, like you, felt the same way about the graphics! Hope this helps.

Leave a Reply