Can i extend the Link expiration date on email distribution after the expired day? | XM Community
Solved

Can i extend the Link expiration date on email distribution after the expired day?

• 8 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
Hi all,
I have a survey using email distribution and set 6 Mar 2019 as the link expiration day. However, because of some reasons i want recipients still able to access and do the survey for one more week.

Besides composing new invitation email, is there any methods to extend the expired day or reactivate the survey link?

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by NiC 8 March 2019, 11:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hi @BHK ,

I don't think there is a way to extend survey expiry date of already set email distribution. Though you can send retake Survey Link to the respondent had they started answering the survey.
Badge +5
Hi @NiC ,
How do you send retake Survey link? if you could elaborate please?
thanks much!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hey @Ayhan

Here is how you can get the retake link for a specific respondent -
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/
Badge +5
Thank you! seems like this wouldn't work for me 😞 i have a large group of people.

Qtip: If you have a large group of people you would like to take the survey a second time and you want to collect new responses in addition to the old responses, then you will not use the Retake Survey link. Instead, distribute the survey again through Emails, Personal Links, or the Anonymous Link.
Badge

I would also like to see Qualtrics do some work on this functionality. It seems strange that you couldn't behind-the-scenes change the expiry date/time for a survey link given the email itself has no control Qualtrics survey access.
It is not uncommon for expiry dates to need to change after sending the initial email but right now it's a very time-intensive process to download the reports of email addresses that haven't completed the survey, reupload them as a new distribution, send a new email with the new link, and then combine the two sets of data back together once you have all your responses. And if you have more than one cohort of distributions involved, it becomes even worse.

I would also like to see Qualtrics come up with a better solution for this. We run large, multipage research surveys and our users often fill them out over many weeks. We need to be able to provide extensions for specific users.

As I understand it, here are the problems with creating the effect of a survey extension for a specific user:
-extending the deadline for the survey isn't relevant because it's a universal setting for the entire survey.
-if you distribute another link to the specific user with the new deadline, they will end up with a fresh survey. You would need to merge the surveys on the back-end and they won't see any answers they'd already filled out.
-if you use the retake link, you first must get the user to close the survey that's in progress. This is awkward. Besides, if you have a multiple page survey, with validation on each page, this isn't possible.

Does this list seem accurate? Has anyone had any luck with a workaround for this problem? Can someone from Qualtrics weigh in about whether or not a solution is in the pipeline?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi jdrew! Please be sure to upvote and leave your feedback on the this Product Idea so it can gain more traction and be sent up to our Product Manager team for review! As always, you can check our Product Updates page to learn more about what's in development and on our product roadmap.

Leave a Reply