Which settings for export CSV all data in first column + no additional commas due to text answer | XM Community
Solved

Which settings for export CSV all data in first column + no additional commas due to text answer

• 11 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Dear all,

For a report I have created an embedded data with the piped text of a text field answer (for example: overall comm. (embedded data) = ${q://QID5/ChoiceTextEntryValue})
This I have done to prevent the CSV export of a report to include the question text rather than a short title I have given it.

However, I notice when I do a CSV export all the data is there but if a text entry answer option and the answer has a comma in its text the file adds two comma’s which makes it harder to go from text to columns.
On the other hand, I also notice the data is quite often not all put in the first column alone. I notice that it’s the text entry answer options are where the data is split up into multiple columns.

For example: text entry answer
In first column: Hello m
Second column: y name is

Would there be a way to prevent this from happening?
Should my embedded data for these free text answer options be different? Currently the variable type is set on text.

Thanks in advance for your help!
icon

Best answer by MsIreen 12 March 2019, 12:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@LauraHill_95 I always export as a TSV file, CSV never works right

Leave a Reply