How can I pull multiple surveys into 1 report? | XM Community
Question

How can I pull multiple surveys into 1 report?

• 11 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Hey all, we're trying to figure out the best approach to getting responses from multiple surveys to pull up in 1 report.

Basically, we have our clients distribute a survey to their employees each year(we use embedded data to keep track of who's taking the survey). Every year we send them the results of their employee's responses and how it compares to other companies in their industry.

This year, we want to allow our clients to customize certain questions in their survey. Basically, its likely that we'll have 10-15 custom surveys that need to have their results included with our main survey responses. However, we obviously do not want these custom questions to be seen by different clients. What would be the best approach to doing this? Multiple surveys where we combine imported/exported data? I've also read query strings can help keep everything under 1 survey, however I'm not sure how to accomplish this.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I can think of three options:
1. Vocalize - build a dashboard plucking the relevant questions from the various surveys to provide the overall metrics, but only only show the relevant questions to each client. Note that this is an additional product within Qualtrics.
2. Create one survey and distribute using different embedded data in the url given to your clients and then only show the custom questions to the relevant client's customers using the survey flow. Note that this would be 'hackable' by your other clients by removing or altering the custom part of the url, so you would need to make sure the embedded data is obfuscated in some way and that your survey logic forbids access to the questions when the variable is empty. You can then create reports within Qualtrics, one for each client with only their custom questions and provide data for the overall values.
3. Use the API to extract the results from the different surveys (or from the single survey in scenario 2 above) and build bespoke reports with the extracted data. This gives you the most control as long as you have the capability.

Leave a Reply