Pick - Rank - Group Question, Select Box style, resizing box | XM Community
Solved

Pick - Rank - Group Question, Select Box style, resizing box

• 13 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi all. I have a PRG question with 11 choices. The default size of the answer box fits 10 options and a scroll bar. I'd like to increase the size of the box so the user doesn't need to do any scrolling to answer the question. I tried using code from here and some variations to no avail:

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/1100/changing-the-size-of-the-select-box-with-jquery

Also tried to find the identifier with the element inspector and code something using that but couldn't work it out.

I'd be grateful for any help anyone can give.

Screen shot for clarity:
!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 March 2019, 03:33

View original

5 replies

An update - through further investigating using the element inspector, I managed to put together some custom CSS:

.Skin .RO .SB .ChoiceStructure, .Skin .RO .SB .ChoiceStructure .Center, .Skin .RO .SB .QuestionBody select {
height:110%;
}

Which got me almost there:
!

Any ideas on what else I need to address to neaten it up?
Anyone?
> @sumwonels said:
> An update - through further investigating using the element inspector, I managed to put together some custom CSS
> Any ideas on what else I need to address to neaten it up?

Also add below CSS to select tag

.Skin select {
overflow-y: hidden;
height: 15em;
}
@Sashi - thanks for your reply (again!). I have already tried this with no success. Below is a screenshot of my code in the Look and Feel CSS box. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
!
For anyone else coming across this, I solved the problem by editing Shashi's code slightly (using 'px' instead of 'em' to set the box size) and entering it as a < style > header in the html window for the specific question.

Leave a Reply