Actions are triggering on partial survey responses. How to exclude them? | XM Community
Solved

Actions are triggering on partial survey responses. How to exclude them?

• 13 March 2019
  • 2 replies

I have an action defined on a survey and it's getting triggered on partial responses which sends empty data. The Actions documentation suggests that actions only trigger when the response is completed.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/setting-up-actions/
!

There are no conditions I can set to filter out the partials. Any ideas how to just trigger an action on completed responses?
icon

Best answer by ana_velez 13 March 2019, 19:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi @Kraig

Are you recording partial responses?, maybe that is the reason why this is happening. When partial responses are recorded in a week or even months, they start counting as close responses. A good idea is to include a condition (In addition to the ones you already have) asking that the ticket is triggered when the respondent has seen or answered the last question in the survey (you can put a group of conditios for all the possible answers to that question). So you will only get tickets from respondent who have reached the end of the survey
Thanks Ana. I do record partial responses, but after a week from last activity. These actions are triggering for surveys immediately where the respondent didn't answer any questions. I assume they clicked on the survey link and then closed the window without doing anything.

Interesting idea setting a condition on the last question. I think the questions on the last page are all optional... I'll have to explore that.

Leave a Reply