If I remove a choice/option from a question, can I keep responses previously logged? | XM Community
Solved

If I remove a choice/option from a question, can I keep responses previously logged?

• 13 March 2019
  • 5 replies

After launching a survey, can I remove an option from a question, that will leave prior responses unaffected? or if i remove a choice, will it also remove any responses that selected that choice when I look at the data? Is there a way to do this without losing prior selections?
thanks,
icon

Best answer by NiC 13 March 2019, 19:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hi @Skarl

Removing the option will invalidate the data from the survey is the warning we get but i am not sure exactly what happens.
But it is recommended not to delete options or question which have data associated with it.

So it would be recommended that you rather add an impossible display condition on the option so that the data isn't affected.

Regards,
Nihal C.
Hello Skarl ,

Please follow @NiC suggestion for this.

SO , when we delete option from the question the re-code values get automatically updated, now because of this there arises a data - discrepancy.
ahhhh, interesting method of accomplishing. Thank you!
Userlevel 1
Badge +6
@NIC I have this issue but it is in a side by side question table and the only thing I can do for the individual options in the drop-down is Exclude from Analysis. Is there a solution in this case? I would like to delete the selections, if possible. Thank you.

Could someone help me please? I did delete the question instead of hiding it. Is there any way to retrieve this data?

Leave a Reply