How to change Survey URL/link/ID in Multiple Actions Simultaneously? Piped text? | XM Community
Solved

How to change Survey URL/link/ID in Multiple Actions Simultaneously? Piped text?

• 14 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I'm building a survey with lots of 'Actions', and in these 'Actions', I have retake survey links, e.g., ''https://.....qualtrics.com.....SV_xxxxxxxxx?Q_R=${e://Field/ResponseID}&Q_R_DEL=1''.

The problem is, whenever I want to update the above links in these 'Actions' (like copy the survey project), I'll have to update every link manually, which may cause mistakes if I missed one of them.

Is there a way to have a piped text of survey ID/link/URL? Just like the "${e://Field/ResponseID}" part so I don't need to update every link?

Would be really nice to have something like "${l://SurveyURL}?Q_R=${e://Field/ResponseID}&Q_R_DEL=1'', but "${l://SurveyURL}" only works for survey distribution not for 'Action'. Also, "${l://SurveyURL}" will produce something like "...../SV_xxxxxx?Q_DL=xxxxxxxxxxx=email", and I only need the part before "?Q_DL....".

Many thanks.
icon

Best answer by fleb 14 March 2019, 07:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Hi @qingli,
what about having your URL stored in one embedded field, so you'll have to modify it just once and then creating all your links using this embedded field?

!
Hi fleb, thanks a lot! Genius!

Leave a Reply