Emailing new contacts when added to a directory | XM Community

Emailing new contacts when added to a directory

• 14 March 2019
  • 3 replies

We have a project coming up where a survey will be sent out to a list of contacts that we have stored in the directory, but the list will continue to grow after we send out the first survey. What is the best way to send that survey to NEW contacts when they are added to that same listing?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
You will want to identify on your spreadsheet a "Sample Key" of some sort, and create samples based off that.

For example: every time I upload new contacts, I create a column called "Key" and I like to put the date they are uploaded (e.g. 3142019). Then you create a sample using the criteria when Embedded Data Category "Key" = "3142019", create a new sample. I name the samples something like "Customer Satisfaction Survey 3142019". Then distribute only to the new sample.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
We have something very similar and have had great success with managing this through the directory.

If you do it like we do and add contacts each month and send out the survey each month as well, you can just add contacts to the directory like normal and then create a sample using the Advanced criteria that they haven't gotten an invite to that first survey before.

Feel free to holler if you need more guidance in setting this up!
Thank you both very much! Both options will help us moving forward.

Leave a Reply