Possibility of deselecting answer | XM Community
Solved

Possibility of deselecting answer

• 17 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Hello,
I would like to know if there is any option how to make participants able to deselect some answer after selecting?
There are no default answers, but as none of the questions is required, I would like participants to be able to change their mind later and not answer to some question after they have already selected some possibility (and as I have already plenty of choices I don´t want to add a new option "N/A" or something like that).
Thank you for any advice.
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 17 March 2019, 17:53

View original

7 replies

Hello @Lenacech ,

Assuming you are asking this regarding the single response question, since by default the single response cannot be deselected. In this case, you need to make question Multi-choice and make all option exclusive.
Thank´s @Shashi for quick and useful response.
I would like to ask one more thing - is there any possibility how to make this on a whole survey (withnout doing it manually in each question)?
Hello @Lenacech ,

Paste the below code in the header Source view(<>)

<script>

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function() {
var cid;
jQuery("input[type='checkbox']").on("change", function() {

if (jQuery(this).prop("checked") == true) {

cid = jQuery(this).closest(".MC").attr("id");
jQuery("#" + cid + " input[type='checkbox']").not(this).prop("checked", false);

}

});

});

</script>

The above code will make all multi-choice option behave as single response
@Shashi thank you very much! 🙂
Badge +1
I would like this 'deselect' option to be available to non-coders (like me!). There are those times when an R would like to take back a selection.

Guys, looks like this request was made back in 2019. Has there been a fix to the single response de-selection? Seems like a simple enough fix and it's reasonable to assume that often selections are made in error and need to be retracted.
Please provide guidance. Thanks!

Badge +2

Hello all! I am also hoping to learn how to make the double answer deselectable for the person taking the survey.

I am not a coder.

Leave a Reply