N/A option for Stars style question | XM Community
Solved

N/A option for Stars style question

• 19 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi Qualtrics Community,

I'd like to use the "Stars" configuration of the slider style question type, but I need it to also have an "N/A" option or way for for the person to actively opt out of providing a star rating.
The other two "Slider" question type configurations ("Sliders" and "Bars") have a "Not Applicable" option built right in to the platform that you can check, but Stars does not.

Any ideas for how to get an NA option on the Stars type specifically?

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by LibertyW 22 March 2019, 00:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Here is a similar thread that you might find helpful. https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/12436#Comment_12436
I'm assuming you wouldn't want a "star" shape for the NA response.
Badge +1

Any update on this topic? I'd love to know if there is a way, even if it is custom, to add an opt out option.

Badge +1

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/12599#Comment_12599Is there a way to do this with Javascript API? We would like to include the stars visual with the option of NA.

Badge +2

Hello, I have searched for the correct answer to this question, which others have had, but the existing community replies and links do not fix the issue. 

How can we use a “Star Slider” with a DK (don’t know) or NA (not applicable) answer option, too.  The existing links and answers do not answer this, unfortunately. 

Can anyone help?  I do not want stars next to a DK option.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello, I have searched for the correct answer to this question, which others have had, but the existing community replies and links do not fix the issue. 

How can we use a “Star Slider” with a DK (don’t know) or NA (not applicable) answer option, too.  The existing links and answers do not answer this, unfortunately. 

Can anyone help?  I do not want stars next to a DK option.

Do you have an update on this topic? I have the same issue and I have not been able to find the fix

Leave a Reply