Slider custom start position not working? | XM Community
Solved

Slider custom start position not working?

• 20 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge
I've used slider questions with custom start positions many times in the past, but for some reason I am unable to set a custom start position in the survey I'm currently creating. When I click on the "custom start position" button, which usually makes the slider handles visible so that they can be dragged to the desired starting position, nothing happens. I tried going back to old surveys in which I implemented this feature successfully, but even in those the slider handles are missing (in the editor). When I preview the old surveys, the custom start positions are there, but they are impossible for me to see or change in the editor.

Has anyone experienced this issue recently? Do you know of a way I can fix this?
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 3 April 2019, 17:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi @surveywizard

have you tried with add default choices? I went to check and the same problem is happening to me, i think maybe the default options is a good solution.!
Badge
Thank you!

The issue is that I *don't* want to set a default value, and in the past I have been able to set a custom start position without also having to make those positions the default response.

Perhaps there is a glitch in the platform?
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @surveywizard! It looks like you reached out to our support team in regards to this issue and our engineering team was able to fix the custom start position feature! If in the future you run into another issue, be sure to report it to our team asap!

Leave a Reply